Work packages and activities
WP 1 | Support to the FNSSA Partnership and the HLPD Bureau
List of tasks:
Task 1.1: Governance Support and Secretariat
Task 1.2: Strategic Stakeholder Engagement
Task 1.3: Studies, Analysis, Foresight
Task 1.4: Monitoring, Evaluation and Impact Assessment
Work Package 1 will provide dedicated support and information services to the AU-EU Research and Innovation partnership in Food and Nutrition Security and Sustainable Agriculture (the Partnership), to the AU-EU High Level Policy Dialogue on STI (HLPD) as the governing body of the Partnership, to the HLPD Bureau, and to its Working Groups.
The objectives of WP 1 are to:
- provide strategic and operational support to the implementation of the FNSSA Roadmap.
- Strategically link the Partnership and HLPD to existing international fora and processes and other external stakeholders;
- contribute to the knowledge basis of the HLPD and the Partnership by undertaking analytical and foresight activities;
- establish and conduct a monitoring and evaluation framework for both the Partnership and the Roadmap.
WP 2 | Actors, Alliances, and Policies
List of tasks:
Task 2.1: Dialogues for Action towards joint R&I agendas in FNSSA
Task 2.2: Scientific Sorting Houses (I & II)
Task 2.3: FNSSA Systems Improvement
Task 2.4: Funding Networks & Mechanisms
Work Package 2 will improve the effectiveness of the AU-EU FNSSA Partnership by contributing to the creation of strategic FNSSA Alliances in R&I, as part of the envisaged multi-actor Platform based on the HLPD FNSSA Roadmap of 2016 to jointly plan and implement research. The aim of this strategy will be to improve coordination and launch collaborative actions, in particular set up support mechanisms (including funding mechanism) for fostering the proposed FNSSA Platform to which the design and testing of an Africa-Europe Knowledge Management and Communication Framework (KMCF) is key.
The objectives of WP 2 are to:
- create sub-regional stakeholders’ alliances (RSHA) which will identify, within the framework of the Roadmap, the major regional stakes in the domain of FNSSA;
- translate these into more regional specific research agendas;
- put in place a ’sorting house’ mechanism for technologies and FNSSA systems improvement.
WP 3 | Information Generation and Knowledge Management
List of tasks:
Task 3.1: Clustering Projects & Thematic Networks
Task 3.2: Information System
Work Package 3 will provide the core information system for the Platform. It will help to strengthen the decision- making process of the HLPD, while informing external stakeholders. The system will produce information on the progress and achievements of the Roadmap and evidence-based information justifying additional interventions.
The objectives of WP 3 are to:
- map and cluster ongoing and recently finished projects contributing to the FNSSA Roadmap;
- design and implement tools and concepts in knowledge management to improve the quality of information and the communication between scientists, policy-makers and practitioners, including farmers and investors;
- strengthen the knowledge base to increase the efficiency of the long-term AU-EU R&I Partnership, by developing new instruments for data analysis, supporting existing knowledge networks, and enhancing capacities for data management and communication;
- encourage better outputs from the involved projects and a greater outreach for results dissemination;
WP 4 | Dissemination and communication
List of tasks:
Task 4.1: Preparation of the communication and dissemination strategy and plan
Task 4.2: Communication activities
Task 4.3: Dissemination activities
Work Package 4 will organise the external communication, promotion and dissemination activities, and create an Agora to broaden the communication6. It will also provide support in communication and brokerage to innovators linked to the pilot activity developed in WP2.
The objectives of WP 4 are to:
- disseminate and communicate project activities and outcomes with the aim of facilitating outreach, targeting decision-makers, stakeholders, end-users and funders in the field of R&I on FNSSA;
- reach out and raise awareness among civil society, stakeholders and relevant actors in agriculture and food systems;
- share with stakeholders and end-users the project goals and get feedback on how to increase LEAP4FNSSA impact
- promote the FNSSA Partnership and disseminate its results
WP 5 | Management and coordination
List of tasks:
Task 5.1: Administrative liaison with the EC Project Officer
Task 5.2: Project Management, including Monitoring
Task 5.3: Delivering the project final policy output
Work Package 5 will coordinate the implementation of LEAP4FNSSA and organise the final writeshop, at the end of the project.
The objectives of WP 5 are to:
- ensure the link between LEAP4FNSSA and the EC through its designated project officer;
- organise and monitor an effective and efficient implementation of LEAP4FNSSA, according to the agreed deliverables and milestones, and way of cooperation as described in the Consortium Agreement;
- liaise with WP1 to ensure that the support given to the HLPD bureau benefits from all the inputs generated by the other WPs in the implementation of the FNSSA Roadmap, in strengthening the EU AU FNSSA Partnership, and in formulating the way forward (the “Platform”) after completion of the LEAP4FNSSA project. This will be based on the deliverables of WP1 to WP4, and supported by relevant stakeholders.
Work Package 6 sets out the ‘ethics requirements’ that the project must comply with
The objective of WP 6 is to:
- ensure compliance with the ‘ethics requirements’ set out in this work package.