African agritech and food start-ups, listen up!
Applications are open for GIZ-SAIS Investment Readiness Programme for African agritech and food start ups entering the growth stage.
The project “Scaling Agricultural Innovations through Start-ups (SAIS)” is aiming at African start-ups entering the growth phase that have a digital innovation in agritech and/or food.
Within our six-months GIZ-SAIS Investment Readiness Programme starting in December we will support selected start-ups with tailor-made company development measures offered through experienced company developers and growth managers. Throughout the durations of the programme the project will facilitate contacts and interactions with potential investors and business partners.
You can apply if your business:
- is a start-up registered in Africa, a for-profit business with a team of at least two people,
- is offering scalable digital solutions with a clear positive impact on income in the agricultural and/or food sector (e.g. through savings, business opportunities, added value, etc.),
- and is in the post-seed stage
Projects will be selected on the basis of an application that showcases:
- a convincing business model,
- a highly-motivated team that ideally reflects gender equality and diversity,
- and presents a digital product that is scalable, demonstrably functional, user-oriented, commercially viable and makes use of sustainable technical solutions while also, ideally, promoting gender equality in the agriculture and food sector.