1st Virtual Raising Awareness Event of the LEAP4FNSSA Project
November 30 @ 10:00 am - 3:30 pm
Towards an Inclusive FNSSA Partnership: Crises as opportunities to rethink an unsustainable model and empower engagement in R&I in Africa
African countries are currently suffering from several crises including the COVID-19 pandemic as well as the locusts that are widespread among the region and other region specific dilemmas.
The objective of the raising awareness virtual workshop is to foster dialogue among all stakeholders on the benefits of improved collaboration in STI in areas of food, nutrition and sustainable agriculture. This will facilitate engagement of different stakeholders outside the project consortium to become part of the FNSSA alliances.
Challenges and opportunities in the AU-EU R&I cooperation dialogue will be discussed from different perspectives with a special focus on each of the 4 African Regions.
Reflections on top down strategies vs bottom up strategies of information processing and knowledge sharing between different groups of stakeholders will be debated. It will tackle the dilemma of inclusiveness and various channels of participation and involvement in the FNSSA platform per each group.
The expected outcome of the event will be an action plan to implement the African Partnerships in the FNSSA sector.
- Philippe Petithuguenin – LEAP4FNSSA Coordination: Deputy Director General in charge of Research and Strategy- CIRAD (The French Agricultural Research Centre for International Development)
- Ibrahima Coulibaly – President of ROPPA (Network of Farmers’ and Agricultural Producers’ Organisations of West Africa)
- Benito Eliasi – Program Officer, SACAU (Southern African Confederation of Agricultural Unions)
- Yossef Ben-Meir – President, High Atlas Foundation North Africa
- Jean Jacques Mbonigaba Muhinda – Executive Secretary, ASARECA (The Association for Strengthening Agricultural Research in Eastern and Central Africa)
- Mokhtar Sellami – Director in charge of Technological Development and Innovation, MESRS (Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research in Algeria)
- Daniele Rossi – Delegate Research & Innovation – Chairman Copa Cogeca WP RES – EU Coordinator National Food Tech Platforms – Confagricoltura
- Fatunbi Oluwole Abiodun – Lead Specialist: Innovation Systems and Partnerships ,FARA (Forum for Agricultural Research in Africa)
- Pascal Murasira – Managing Conultant, Murasira Consult – Business and Partnership Advisor, PAFO (Pan African Farmers Organisation)
- Sean Woolfrey – Deputy Head of Programme, Sustainable Food Systems, ECDPM (European Centre for Development Policy Management)
- Simbarashe Sibanda – Theme Leader, Nutrition-Sensitive Agriculture, FANRPAN (Food, Agriculture and Natural Resources Policy Analysis Network)
- Jean Albergel – Director of the Expertise and Consultancy Mission, IRD
- Beatrice Gakuba – Executive Director, AWAN Afrika (African Women Agribusiness Network)
Read/download the final agenda [.pdf | 610 KB]