- This event has passed.
Working together for resilient food systems: towards a Europe-Africa platform for research and innovation
November 24 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
Within the event “Bold Actions For Food as a Force for Good” (in support of UN Food Systems Summit 2021) – read the programme – to be held on 23 and 24 November, LEAP4FNSSA project together with RUFORUM and EFARD, is organising the panel “Working together for resilient food systems: towards a Europe – Africa platform for research and innovation”.
The panel is aimed to explore the perspectives of different stakeholders (from farmers to consumers, from policymakers to companies, researchers, social workers and school teachers) within food systems on resilience pathways, the potential role of a sustainable bi-regional (Europe –Africa) R&I Platform in addressing food systems resilience, and responses to shocks and challenges.
The panel session will be held on 24 November @ 10:30 – 12:00 (CET)
Prof. Lindiwe Sibanda, Director: African Research Universities Alliance Centre of Excellence in Food Security & Co-Chair of the Global Alliance for Climate Smart Agriculture.
Mr. Prof. Dr. Patrick Caron, vice-president of the University of Montpellier (MUSE).
Stakeholder panel with members from Europe and Africa
- Hon. Jeanine Milly Cooper, Minister of Agriculture, Liberia.
- Mr. Hans- Jörg Lutzeyer, Research Programme Officer European Commission, DG, European Commission.
- Ms. Caroline Jacquet, Project Manager at Bio Innovation Zimbabwe, Zimbabwe.
- Mr. Anthony Mun-Gavin, Vice president of food and refreshments Africa, UNILEVER.
- Mr. Hakim Baliraine, Chairperson of ESAFF, the Eastern and Southern Africa small-scale Farmers Forum.
- Mr. Samuel Rigu, Founder and CEO Safi Organics, Kenya.