Long-term EU-AU Research and Innovation Partnership for Food and Nutrition Security and Sustainable Agriculture
What is LEAP4FNSSA
LEAP4FNSSA is a Coordination and Support Action (CSA) whose main objective is to provide a tool for European and African institutions to engage in a Sustainable Partnership Platform for research and innovation on Food and Nutrition Security, and Sustainable Agriculture (FNSSA).
Under the aegis of the High Level Policy Dialogue (HLPD) and its Bureau, building upon former EU funded projects such as RINEA, CAAST-Net Plus, ProIntensAfrica and linking with the ongoing ERANet Cofund LEAP-Agri, LEAP4FNSSA aims to achieve its main objective through:
- Increased synergies and coherence between actors, research and innovation projects, initiatives and programmes, through the development of institutional alliances and clusters of projects.
- An enhanced learning environment and large knowledge base, including monitoring and evaluation activities, and established communication and links between different initiatives in order to improve European-African cooperation in Science, Technology and Innovation (STI).
- A well-established long term sustainable partnership and co-funding mechanism.
The project will have a 4-years duration, from November 2018 to October 2022.
Supporting the Bureau of the AU-EU HLPD in implementing the FNSSA Road- map.
Creating strategic alliances of actors committed to align their R&I activities to the FNSSA Roadmap.
Strengthening the knowledge base to increase the efficiency of the AU-EU Re- search and Innovation Partnership on FNSSA.
Facilitating within the relevant FNSSA research and innovation networks.
- A substantial contribution to the implementation of the AU-EU HLPD Road- map on FNSSA by organizing and offering relevant and efficient support to the AU-EU HLPD Bureau.
- A structured long-term Partnership between diverse actors dedicated to the implementation of the HLPD Roadmap, including a governance system for the Platform.
- Coherence, synergy and optimization of R&I projects and programmes in the FNSSA domain by creating a true cluster of projects.
- Innovation in agricultural systems based on the utilization of R&I outputs.